Friday, May 19, 2017

What To Do On A Friday Night In Tokyo


Yes, you guessed it. Karaoke at a pretty fancy place, 47th floor, great views, fantastic room. It's different here because most places you go with friends and rent a dedicated room. They also have places where you are with a group but I have never done them in Asia. Always the separate room and usually filled with 10 people from our office. Last night we only stayed an hour but we could easily have stayed for 3, even with just the two of us. So fun, believe it or not! If you were at our house for New Years about 10 years ago you would believe it, and I still have a DVD with Joni Johnson Walter leading a rendition of Freebird that I won't forget :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm forwarding this to Joni, in case she isn't checking the blog regularly

    Really, all by yourselves? We'll be seeing you soon, and I'm so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaaaaa! Oh the evidence of a good time! If only I was as good as the champagne lead me to believe!! 😬😐😂
    Safe journey home! It's been fun seeing & hearing all about your awesome adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'm going to find that DVD when I get back home. We were just thinking about it as John said "Oh, now I get Karaoke - this is actually really fun" -- and we remembered you!!

      Delete