Friday, February 17, 2017

And She Said ...

We are in the Club Lounge at our hotel in Singapore. Great. Free drinks, food, beautiful view. We can milk this - Chris Lambert I'm looking at you. Anyway this cute, young girl in her fancy hotel Club lounge suit who's taking care of us asks how our day is going. We tell her we just flew in from Sydney and she says "oh, your ass must hurt". Exsqueeze me! Elizabeth tries not to spit out her drink, I act as if I didn't hear her. She forges ahead two more times with such nuggets as "Yes after such a long flight your ass can get really sore". Elizabeth is crying now with laughter. One of the unexpected joys of travel.

2 comments:

  1. This one got a loud laugh from me as well 😂- Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! The funniest thing was that she was so prim and proper in her executive lounge suit. As you probably know, most people in Singapore are ethnic Chinese and even those who speak English often speak with a heavy accent and a lot of local phrases. e.g. Tiger can? means "let's go get a beer" (Tiger is the local beer). But I never heard anything about hurting asses until then :)

      Delete