Thursday, March 23, 2017

"Back My Foot. Hold You Heel!"

"No worry! No worry!"

When nobody else shows up for yoga, the instructor pretty much just has his way with you. I had so much fun we extended our stay at the Fusion Maia. And there is nothing better than yoga under the palm trees, seeing white sand beach, blue water, and hearing the waves come in. I am pretty sure my normal reluctance to exercise would disappear if I had this every day. I am on a 5 day streak of 2-3 hours/day.

They have 5 hours of free yoga classes outside on the beach or in their lovely garden each morning and evening. A few times, I have been the only person, so you get private class! They offer everything from just deep breathing to Tai Chi to something that resembles circus training. Not sure what they call that!

My instructor this morning also does sports massage here, so as an added bonus, between my exercises, he would just give me a massage wherever he thought I needed it. In the course of my hour exercise I got hand/arm, foot, leg, back, neck massages.

It was awesome. He worked me like a mule with planks, push ups, burpees, sit ups and lots more. But at every change in exercise, nearly 5 minutes of massage. So truth be told, I probably only worked hard for about 30 minutes. But the massage wasn't easy either. I sometimes prayed for my next rotating plank.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. RIght!? It was so great and such a great workout as well. Then he said "now schedule with me for warm sports massage later today" so I switched from a coconut rub or something to his hour long grueling (but really good) sports treatment. It felt like another workout!

      Delete